The Garden Route is an important part of the Cape Floral Kingdom – the smallest of the world’s six floral kingdoms and the only floral kingdom that is completely confined within the borders of a single country. Here, in a narrow coastal strip that’s never more than about 100 km wide, you’ll find more than 6500 species of indigenous plants – many of which (like the gladiolus and pelargonium) have provided the basis for vast, international horticultural industries.
DAY 1 – Oudshoorn
Depart at 8.30am on the Route 62 route to town of Worcester, Barrydale, Ladismith & Calitzdorp to Oudshoorn the (the feather capital of the world).
- Visit the Cango caves
- Visit the Cango Wild Life Ranch
- Overnight in Oudshoorn
DAY 2 – Knysna
- Ostrich Farm – Before we leave Oudshoorn we will visit the Ostrich farm for a Tour that will enlighten you on this big bird the Ostrich.
- Drive over the Outiniqua Mountain Pass (beautiful views) to the George, Wilderness & Knynsa. (We will stop in the Wilderness to view the scenery)
- Drive to Knysna where you will have the opportunity to take a sunset cruise on the Lagoon to view the “Heads of Knysna”
- Overnight in Knysna
DAY 3 – Mossel Bay back to Cape Town
- We depart to Cape Town via Mossel Bay.
- Diaz Museum – This Museum showcases the voyage of Vasco Da Gama & Bartholemeu Diaz who sailed from Portugal to India. The Post office tree is said to be the 1st Post office recorded in South Africa.
- Visit the Aloe Factory shop where you will get a demonstration of the usefulness of the Aloe Plant.
- Travel back to Cape Town on the N2.